• FRI, OCTOBER 16TH, 2020, 09:30 AM – 11:00 AM EST
• FRI, OCTOBER 16TH, 2020, 11:15 AM – 12:45 PM EST
• FRI, OCTOBER 16TH, 2020, 1:30 PM- 3:00 PM EST
• FRI, OCTOBER 16TH, 2020, 3:15 PM- 4:45 PM EST
Sexual trauma and sexual harassment are common underlying factors of sexual dysfunction and they both significantly impact a couple’s sexual intimacy. Dr. Wonder will review typical protective couple’s dynamics that impede sexual intimacy, discuss the healing effect of Self energy and compassion, observe the Courageous Communication Protocol and identify therapist parts that get activated when working with sexual intimacy.
This course will include didactic presentations, video illustrations from client sessions and demonstration of exercises. Participants will be given an opportunity to notice their own reaction and counter reaction when working with clients presenting with sexual trauma.
• Review basic concepts of the Internal Family Systems Model
• Discuss the Tracking Protocol in IFIO (Intimacy From the Inside Out) and how it helps identify destructive cycles for clients and the vulnerabilty underneath.
• Apply awareness about sexual trauma and sexual harassment as they impact couple’s sexual intimacy.
• Identify protective cycles that impede couple’s sexual intimacy
• Observe the Courageous Communication Protocol and how it can enhance a couple’s conversation about their intimacy.
• Explain the healing effect of Self energy and compassion.
• Identify therapist parts that get activated when working with sexual intimacy.
This course is approved by the APA, AASECT, GA LPC, Florida Board of Psychology, Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling to provide 6 (synchronous) live CE credits. Live (synchronous) CE credits count as “in-person” credits in most states.
FL LCSW, MFT & CMHC approvals should cover MFT and LCSW boards in most other states, including Georgia, Pennsylvania and Maryland.
GA LPC: 6.0 CORE contact hours of continuing education have been approved by the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia. GA LPC approval should count for LPC-s in most states. Verify with the board in your own state.
For more information and to register, please click here.