Please read this page before proceeding to this page for applications and deadlines.
Benefits of Being a Program Assistant
- Strengthen and reinforce your own learning of the IFS model
- Earn continuing education credit
- Take part in an IFS training tuition-free
- Maintain connection with the IFS model and the growing IFS community
- Increase professional competence and confidence by helping others learn IFS
Program Assistant Prerequisites and Responsibilities
- Ability to hold Self-energy.
- PA applicants must have either a U.S. Social Security Number or a Canadian Social Insurance Number.
- PA applicants to Level 1 trainings must have already graduated from a Level 1 training program. Preference may be given to PA applicants who are IFS Certified.
- PA applicants to Level 2 trainings must have already graduated from a Level 2 training program. Preference may be given to PA applicants who are IFS Certified.
- PA applicants to Level 3 trainings must have already graduated from a Level 3 training program, and must have earned Experienced PA status. Preference may be given to PA applicants who are IFS Certified.
- If you are applying to be a student in a training, we ask that you not apply to be a PA in that same training.
- Commitment to attend all training days (see training schedules on each training's website brochure)
- Participate in staff meetings
- Support the Lead Trainer(s) and the Assistant Trainer
- Perform administrative tasks assigned by the Trainer and IFS Institute staff
- Hold Self-energy for the training group
- Model Self-leadership, including maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Provide continuity for students, and Lead and Assistant Trainer(s)
- Participate in the student role when it meets the needs of the training
- Work with one’s own parts that may emerge during the course of the training
- Abide by IFS Institute's Dual/Multiple Relationship Policy (see PA application)
- Facilitate or co-facilitate home groups – develop a safe, satisfying, supportive environment that will facilitate students' learning, provide Self-energy for the group, track interpersonal and group interactions
- Work with small practice groups – support learning edges and provide feedback to the student who is in the role of therapist, protect exiles of the person in the role of client, model the IFS model, help track students' learning of IFS, understand the progression of skill development throughout the training
Program Assistant Selection, Supervision, Evaluation
- PAs are chosen by each training’s Lead and Assistant Trainers. If you have questions about the selection schedule, please contact the trainers (contact information is in this website's Trainers Directory or "Find a Professional" section).
- PAs are supervised by and receive feedback from their Lead and Assistant Trainers during the course of their training programs.
Program Assistant Stipend
PAs in Level 1 and 2 trainings receive a $75 daily stipend (including, if applicable, for the scheduled supplemental Level 1 practice meetings). The PA in a Level 3 training receives a $100 daily stipend. There is no stipend for sessions of 2 hours or less. Program Assistants are not charged tuition.
Program Assistant Online Applications
Click here for Program Assistant opportunities in the United States and Canada.
Program Assistant Interest List
Click here if you would like to add your name to a PA interest list. This information will be made available to IFS trainers if they have additional PA needs.